Whether you hang shirts for a long time or hang your sweaters, hanger marks are a sure thing to follow.
They get really annoying when you get in the public with them as they look like sharks or nipples originating from your shoulders.
This gets people looking at the weird thing popping from your shoulders and can possibly make you a laughing stock. So, there’s a definite need for you to get rid of them as soon as possible.
What causes Hanger Marks?
Hanger marks, or shark marks, are usually caused by poor quality wire-hangers. The shirts or sweaters may stay hung for long periods of time with their sleeves pulling the shoulders down.
This stretches the shoulder region and gives rise to the nasty hanger marks.
Want to get rid of these bad boys? Follow the methods below to get rid of them quickly.
Method # 1: Use Water
This method usually takes about 10 minutes. Follow the following steps to have good results:
- Have a glass of water, or get a water bottle if a glass is not feasible.
- Wet your fingers properly, and apply them on the raised part of your shirt or sweater.
- Apply some pressure on the affected part with your fingers.
- Repeat the procedure several times until the hanger mark settles down.
- Let your shirt or sweater dry for a few minutes.
- Repeat the whole procedure for the other shoulder.
- The wet parts can also be ironed for better results.
Method # 2: Fold for some time
By using this method, you apply the garment’s own physical pressure on the part where you see the hanger marks. Follow the following steps to get your desired results:
- Fold the shirt or sweater in half length-wise.
- Join the lower end with the upper end of the garment.
- Have the folded sleeves meet the rest of the body of the garment.
- Leave the shirt or sweater in that position for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Method # 3: Use a face cloth
Face cloths are not only useful for wiping the dirt off your face but can also help you to get rid of the odd-looking hanger marks. Here’s how:
- Wet the face cloth with water or some transparent liquid solution.
- Rub gently over the hanger marks for some time.
- Repeat until all the marks settle down.
- Let the garment dry for a couple of minutes. Magic!